In celebration of The Queen’s 70th Jubilee the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment has announced the Planting Trees for The Queen’s Jubilee Program.
The Department announced up to $100,000 per electorate for up to 10 projects. Grants are available to eligible entities for between $2,500 and $20,000 to support local communities in planting trees in honour of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s 70 years on the throne.
To be eligible, you must:
- Complete the EOI (link below) by the due date – Wednesday 9 March at 5pm
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- you must also be one of the following not-for-profit entities
- entities must be located within the Greenway electorate
A not-for-profit organisation incorporated in Australia can include:
- an incorporated Trustee on behalf of a Trust
- a State/Territory Government school in the ACT, QLD, NT or VIC
- State department of education (or its State Minister) in NSW, SA, TAS or WA acting as a project sponsor for one of its State Government schools
- a local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995- external site.
Incorporated not-for-profit organisations can include:
- incorporated associations
- a co-operative
- an incorporated Australian Public or Private Company
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006- external site
- Indigenous land councils
- religious organisations incorporated under legislation strata-title.
I encourage all eligible entities to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). Please see the attached links and documents for further information.
EOI’s open with my office on Wednesday 16 February and close on Wednesday 9 March at 5pm via email: [email protected].
To apply, fill out these forms:
Please feel free to contact the office of Michelle Rowland MP by email at [email protected] or call (02) 9671 4780 should you require further assistance with your application.